This year for Easter I decided that since Ray had to work, I would head to Southern Utah to celebrate with my side of the family. We stayed with Grandpa Oliphant and had lots of fun. On Friday, the kids and I along with Grandpa, aunt Kellie and Whitney, Aunt Stephanie, Chylie, Jaxon, and Stetson, and Uncle Chad, Aunt Terra, Taycee, Tymber, Harlee, and Venna went up to the Toquer Cemetery and had a picnic on the lawn next to mom's grave. The kids have been begging to do this since we buried mom, and so this was a good opportunity to do it.
Friday evening the kids and I colored Easter Eggs at Grandpa's house while he was down fixing his car at his friend Dave's shop. We got really creative, and made some pretty cool eggs. We each colored 4 eggs.
I was quite happy that there was little to no mess to clean up. I hate the messy part of coloring Easter eggs. I hate how the die stains hands and clothes, and counter tops.
Saturday we all headed out to Aunt Kellie's house for a day of fun. We had lunch (dutch oven potatoes, chicken, and lots of yummy homemade salads), dessert homemade dutch oven peach cobbler, and then an Easter egg hunt.
Here are some pictures of the kids lined up for the hunt. In order from left to right: Jaxon, Jake, Ellie, Harlee, Tymber, Stetson, and Taycee.
The kids spent lots of time looking high and low for all the candy they could find.
Jake is such a cute little stud. I just love his pose here in this picture. He was showing off his new shirt and hat he got for Easter, along with his new basket full of candy.
Ellie held her basket down low so we could see all the candy she found during the hunt. She is such a silly girl, she tells me she never knows how to stand for pictures, and sometimes feels stupid when I take her picture. I love this girl!
The kids decided to go over the backyard again and make sure they did not leave any candy behind. I think they actually found some candy hidden that no one had found the first time.
Venna spilt some of her candy on the picnic table, and licked it all up. Heaven forbid she waste some good candy on a table. She is such a funny little critter. :)
Venna spilt some of her candy on the picnic table, and licked it all up. Heaven forbid she waste some good candy on a table. She is such a funny little critter. :)







So fun to be with family!! Your kids are so grown up and Ellie gorgeous!
ReplyDelete