Promise me you will always remember that you are stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you ever imagined.



Sunday, February 3, 2008

A First Time For Everything

This is our praying snowman, he now just looks like he is in bed with the blankets over him. All though he is still in the kneeling position to look at him. The snow has just filled in around him.

We have lived in areas where we recieve snow in the winters for over 6 of our 8 and a half years of marriage. This is the first time we have ever had church canceled because of the snow. Our Church starts at 8:30 a.m., and this morning at about 8:20 I recieved a call from my Home Teacher letting us know that they had canceled church due to a heavy snow storm. I looked online, and it says that we should expect to get upwards of 30 inches before nightfall. Holy Cow, I enjoy the snow but when it gets like this I must admit I start worrying about all kinds of crazy things. But I guess I will look on the bright side of things, we wont need to worry about not having enough water this summer, and my kids will never forget this winter and the amount of snow we got. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is nuts. We got 8 more inches over the weekend but not even close to your 30. I will keep wishing for spring and send some wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cliff and I can hardly imagine winter life anymore. We actually went to the beach this weekend down in Corpus Christi. Today it is supposed to reach 84 degrees. How crazy you guys are getting dumped on, but I do remember the excitement of snowstorms and curling up on the couch with hot chocolate and a movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! My brother in law called yesterday morning to tell us that their church was cancelled. That's crazy!! At least you didn't have to go out in it, you can just sit and watch and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete