Promise me you will always remember that you are stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you ever imagined.



Friday, March 23, 2012

Fossil Butte

We took a trip to Fossil Butte over the last weekend. We had lots of fun, and were blown away at such amazing fossils. Who knew that such amazing creatures lived in our neck of the woods at one time. I will for sure be taking my kids back this summer and doing some outside exploring.

Talk about perfect timing. I told Elena to jump for Joy cause she was living in Utah, and this was the result. Of course we spent the rest of the weekend trying to get one like this of Ellie and Jake with no such luck on our side. Oh well the picture below is perfect of Jake. LOL

Leave it to my boy to be wild and crazy. One of the many reasons I love this kid so much!!!
If this tree could talk I bet it would have some pretty amazing stories to tell, and of course I would be in the front row soaking up all it had to say.
It was really hard to get Ellie to stop for a picture in this Museum. She was going 100 miles an hour from one thing to the next. She was very much in awe of everything in sight.
How cool is this! It is a big tortoise and some smaller ones they have found on or around the Butte.
One of my favorite little creatures. Boy I can't wait to go back and explore this place even more once it is warm and we can hike around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment